Iroh

"It is important to draw wisdom from many different places. If you take it from only one place it becomes rigid and stale."
-Uncle Iroh, Avatar: The Last Airbender

Tom Brown Jr.

"If you believe everything I say, then you are a fool. Your job is not to believe me, but to prove me right or prove me wrong."
-Tom Brown, Jr., Awakening Spirits, p. 2

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Ah, to be homeschooled. . .

     Today at church, my Sunday School class was talking about how their first week of school was really hard. I can understand that (after all, most of their classrooms had no air-conditioning), but it seems funny to me because I've been doing school since July!
     In my house, Summer Vacation is the entire month of June, and then it's "back to the old grind," as they say. However, Winter Vacation is all of December, so I'm not complaining. Actually, I enjoy having school in the summer because, after a month, I get bored of the usual things to do (such as reading, TV, and. . . well, reading). So, not just because my house is air-conditioned, I have enjoyed the "first week" of school.

1 comment:

  1. This made me chuckle, Knight. I look forward to reading more of your blog posts--good for you for getting a blog going! I especially look forward to you filling in that little section off to the right about your "latest cooking creation."

    ReplyDelete

Anyone can post a comment, but posting a comment doesn't guarantee it'll be posted, just so you know. At the moment, comments for correction will be sent just to me, while all the other comments will, Very Likely, be published on the blog itself after moderation. I'll still read every comment, and reach out to you to continue the conversation if I can, but in the off chance it's not posted, don't take it personally. This is largely to maintain focus on the topics at hand, and to avoid the confusion and ugliness often visible in comment sections across the internet.
Then again, this too is something I'm trying out, so if it doesn't work, let me know that too! :)