Iroh

"It is important to draw wisdom from many different places. If you take it from only one place it becomes rigid and stale."
-Uncle Iroh, Avatar: The Last Airbender

Tom Brown Jr.

"If you believe everything I say, then you are a fool. Your job is not to believe me, but to prove me right or prove me wrong."
-Tom Brown, Jr., Awakening Spirits, p. 2

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remembering 9/11

     I feel sort of awkward writing about this, because I honestly don't remember the 9/11 incident. I was 6 at the time, and focusing on the world didn't even occur to me. However, I've heard many first-hand accounts about how people's lives were changed on that fateful day, and I can understand (somewhat) what they felt. They felt like someone was trying to erase them from the map, and that caused many bitter feelings.
     However, no matter how many people died that day, we need to remember to forgive the people behind it, just as Christ forgave those who nailed Him to the cross. After 10 years, I don't know how well we've been at doing that, but we need to keep working towards that goal. Only after that, I believe, will we truly heal from that attack.

1 comment:

Anyone can post a comment, but posting a comment doesn't guarantee it'll be posted, just so you know. At the moment, comments for correction will be sent just to me, while all the other comments will, Very Likely, be published on the blog itself after moderation. I'll still read every comment, and reach out to you to continue the conversation if I can, but in the off chance it's not posted, don't take it personally. This is largely to maintain focus on the topics at hand, and to avoid the confusion and ugliness often visible in comment sections across the internet.
Then again, this too is something I'm trying out, so if it doesn't work, let me know that too! :)